The Student News Site of Williamsport Area High School

Billtown Banner

Billtown Banner

Billtown Banner

Students perform Pippin

photo+provided
photo provided

On March 15 and 16, the Williamsport Area High School theater students put on a wild and entertaining show of Pippin the musical. Students worked with tremendous effort to put on a performance that would have the audience pondering the true meaning of the show as well as their own personal life. The performance was directed by choral teacher Mr. Samuel Robinson.

There was a great turnout of students, teachers, parents, and community members for the production. Junior Catherine Folk attended the show and commented, “It was very professionally done and impressive.”

The show kept the audience in suspense as they awaited for the grand finale that was consistently referenced throughout the musical.

The musical tells the story of a young prince named Pippin who wants to find his passion and adventure in life. But to prove his loyalty to his father, the King, Pippin goes off to war. Then the Leading Player convinces Pippin to fight tyranny, so Pippin kills his father and takes over the throne. Pippin’s continues to try different lifestyles and goes to different places to find his passion. In the end, he realizes he does not want to listen to the Leading Player, but wants to live a simple life in the country. The finale of the show left the audience in shock as the Leading Player and others in Pippin’s life had been a part of a cult-like community that searched for people like Pippin to sacrifice themselves.

The performance starred Xavier Johnston as Pippin, Olivia Ciabattari as Leading Player, and William Ciabattari, Jaslin Shand, Elijah Nilson, Alana Ramos, and Johanna Pelly as supporting actors.

Pippin was an impressive and shocking performance that showcased the many talents of Williamsport Area High School students.